This year’s Cupcake Camp Paris was a huge success! Kudos to Cat Beurnier from Sugar Daze Cupcakes & Bryan Pirolli for hosting the cupcake extravaganza benefiting Make-A-Wish France. Beautiful, themed, experimental – the variety of cupcakes was astonishing. The prizes … Continue reading
On this beautiful, sunny Thursday, I have had quite a few ideas and revelations. Not only that, but also I have heard about a ton of great upcoming events that I’d like to share with you.
1. I am SO excited for Twitter Day in Paris tomorrow! Check out this link for more information on Jour de Tweets à Paris, happening Friday, April 20.
2. I was devastated by the news of the Boston Marathon bombing, and my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by this tragedy. As a runner, I can only imagine the contrast of elatedness with terror. As a way to support Boston, Bryan Pirolli has created the event #BostonStrongParis. This 5 km will be this coming Monday, April 22. Meeting time is at 7 p.m. at Bastille in front of the Opera House, and the run will finish up at Concorde. Hope to see you there!
3. From April 18 to May 7, 2013, an incredible sound and light show at Les Invalides will take us back through time to see the history of the Hôtel National des Invalides and some of the most important moments in French history. Details and tickets for La Nuit aux Invalides can be found here.
4. For the bloggers out there who brunch and the bloggers who collaborate, here are some great ideas on ways to collaborate with other bloggers while simultaneously marketing your brand and having fun!
5. The legendary Louxor movie theater in the 10th arrondissement has reopened!
6. The movie The Great Gatsby is coming out soon, and they have not held back visually nor musically. The amazing Florence and the Machine has just released their single for the movie’s soundtrack, “Over the Love.” I’ve been listening to it on repeat allllll day. Can’t get enough! To hear the whole single, click here. Hope you like it!
7. I’m a huge nerd; I love going to school. I LOVE to learn. For those of you that are fellow nerds, looking for a hobby, or interested in a cool class, here are eleven sites where you can “learn for free.” These sites give you access to some of the best universities in the US, as well as some of the most brilliant minds in the world. Check these out; you’ll never know what you can learn.
Wishing you all a lovely Thursday!
For all cupcake lovers in France: there is a mecca of incredible cupcake bakers in Paris.
I found many of them at the Cupcake Camp Paris 2012 charity event and was lucky enough to try their baked goods! The event was a Halloween-themed fundraiser, where the best cupcake bakers in the city came together to make over 2000 cupcakes. Entry to the event was free, and all of the proceeds from the cupcake sales, raffle tickets, and other purchases went to Make-A-Wish France.
I was astonished at the fact that this incredible space existed near the Canal Saint Martin, let alone that you could rent it out for an event like this. The line to get in was massive; I counted about one hundred people down the block – and I arrived halfway through the two-hour event! There were countless varieties, styles, and flavors of cupcakes that were displayed at Le Comptoir Général.
Upon entering, I didn’t know where to begin; there was so much to see! We ended up going for a counter-clockwise approach to scope out our options, and then we went to find the witch that would sell us our tickets. (She was actually dressed up in a very convincing witch costume.) “Il faut trouver la sorcière!” the vendors would tell us.
After much thought and reflection, Kat decided on the speculoos cupcake, while I went with the spicy chocolate, Dia de los Muertos themed cupcake. Both were amazing! At the end of the event, there were still a few cupcakes left, so we got the “Bartender’s Chocolate Delight,” which was quite tasty.
Everyone left happy and full. A few lucky people went home with some of the amazing prizes and baskets that were raffled off, like an original Kasia Dietz bag. Click here for more pictures of Cupcake Camp Paris 2012. Can’t wait for next year’s event!
We were truly impressed with the number of cupcake companies here in Paris. Below are some of the sponsors and participants in this year’s Cupcake Camp.
Bryan Pirolli – Lola’s Cookies – Paris Insights – Fairy Cooker – Faismoicroquer.com – Cake, Cook and Co. – LaVieMaraisienne – The Kale Project – NOGLU – Mimi’s Cupcakes – Sugar Daze – Ô Chateau – Beauty Cakes – CAKE & BAKE accessories – Once Upon a Cake – Paris Pastry App ~ David Lebovitz – COlunching – Sweetly Cakes – Bleekcup’s – Context Travel – La Cuisine Paris – Cupcake Lovers in Paris – Wrist Flick – Carolive’s Cupcakes – Excuse My French
For those looking for a cool place to grab a drink with friends or for an amazing Sunday brunch in Paris, Le Comptoir General is the place to go. The beers are cheap, the location is incredible, plus the glass roof makes you feel like you’re outside enjoying summer in a beer garden. Allez-y!
80, quai de Jemmapes