There’s nothing better than a good wine and cheese night. In France, we are spoiled with some of the best of both categories. My most recent W&CN was not any ordinary evening, thanks to Native Native. Native Native, a new collective for … Continue reading
I couldn’t have had a more exciting introduction to Loustic! The visit began as I rushed to the cafe the morning after pulling an all-nighter (nuit blanche, here). Usually the morning after a nuit blanche, I’m on a happy high until about … Continue reading
The Champagne Social was the Paris blogger event of the year! Co-hosted by the incredible Lisa Czarina of Ella Coquine and NYC blogger Cara Alwill Leyba from The Champagne Diet, the glittery soirée was held at the Habitat Parisien Popincourt loft. The talented Lauren … Continue reading
What an incredible night!
Last week, I was invited to the opening of merci’s latest installation, “merci aime Paris,” based on Vahram Muratyan’s incredibly successful blog and book Paris versus New York. The crowd was beautiful, fun, and international, and guests enjoyed delicious hors d’œuvres, cocktails, and wine while browsing around the store.
I loved the colorful arrows pointing down toward the center floor decal with the words “Paris” and “Merci” printed on them. One of the intentions of Muratyan, who worked with merci to create this exposition, was to show that we were in Paris at the bookstore and to have the floor logo serve as the Seine, a crucial reference point in Paris. With his yellow and orange “whirlwind of kisses” with the installation’s name inside, his idea of using uplifting colors is a success. You can’t help but feel happy in this space!
The graphic designer also focused on showing the world’s love for Paris. As a result, the chic concept store is oozing Eiffel Towers and all sorts of declarations of love for the capital. It’s an exhibit after my own heart in one of my favorite places in the city. Absolute perfection. This must-see installation is open through August 25, so I encourage you to stop by to enjoy a coffee and the views.
It was so much fun to catch up with some of my fellow Paris bloggers, Melissa of Prete-Moi Paris, Kasia of Love in the City of Lights and Kasia Dietz Handbags, and to meet the fabulous Lisa aka Ella Coquine that evening. What an amazing group of ladies!
111 Boulevard Beaumarchais
On this beautiful, sunny Thursday, I have had quite a few ideas and revelations. Not only that, but also I have heard about a ton of great upcoming events that I’d like to share with you.
1. I am SO excited for Twitter Day in Paris tomorrow! Check out this link for more information on Jour de Tweets à Paris, happening Friday, April 20.
2. I was devastated by the news of the Boston Marathon bombing, and my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by this tragedy. As a runner, I can only imagine the contrast of elatedness with terror. As a way to support Boston, Bryan Pirolli has created the event #BostonStrongParis. This 5 km will be this coming Monday, April 22. Meeting time is at 7 p.m. at Bastille in front of the Opera House, and the run will finish up at Concorde. Hope to see you there!
3. From April 18 to May 7, 2013, an incredible sound and light show at Les Invalides will take us back through time to see the history of the Hôtel National des Invalides and some of the most important moments in French history. Details and tickets for La Nuit aux Invalides can be found here.
4. For the bloggers out there who brunch and the bloggers who collaborate, here are some great ideas on ways to collaborate with other bloggers while simultaneously marketing your brand and having fun!
5. The legendary Louxor movie theater in the 10th arrondissement has reopened!
6. The movie The Great Gatsby is coming out soon, and they have not held back visually nor musically. The amazing Florence and the Machine has just released their single for the movie’s soundtrack, “Over the Love.” I’ve been listening to it on repeat allllll day. Can’t get enough! To hear the whole single, click here. Hope you like it!
7. I’m a huge nerd; I love going to school. I LOVE to learn. For those of you that are fellow nerds, looking for a hobby, or interested in a cool class, here are eleven sites where you can “learn for free.” These sites give you access to some of the best universities in the US, as well as some of the most brilliant minds in the world. Check these out; you’ll never know what you can learn.
Wishing you all a lovely Thursday!