On this beautiful, sunny Thursday, I have had quite a few ideas and revelations. Not only that, but also I have heard about a ton of great upcoming events that I’d like to share with you.
1. I am SO excited for Twitter Day in Paris tomorrow! Check out this link for more information on Jour de Tweets à Paris, happening Friday, April 20.
2. I was devastated by the news of the Boston Marathon bombing, and my heart goes out to everyone who was affected by this tragedy. As a runner, I can only imagine the contrast of elatedness with terror. As a way to support Boston, Bryan Pirolli has created the event #BostonStrongParis. This 5 km will be this coming Monday, April 22. Meeting time is at 7 p.m. at Bastille in front of the Opera House, and the run will finish up at Concorde. Hope to see you there!
3. From April 18 to May 7, 2013, an incredible sound and light show at Les Invalides will take us back through time to see the history of the Hôtel National des Invalides and some of the most important moments in French history. Details and tickets for La Nuit aux Invalides can be found here.
4. For the bloggers out there who brunch and the bloggers who collaborate, here are some great ideas on ways to collaborate with other bloggers while simultaneously marketing your brand and having fun!
5. The legendary Louxor movie theater in the 10th arrondissement has reopened!
6. The movie The Great Gatsby is coming out soon, and they have not held back visually nor musically. The amazing Florence and the Machine has just released their single for the movie’s soundtrack, “Over the Love.” I’ve been listening to it on repeat allllll day. Can’t get enough! To hear the whole single, click here. Hope you like it!
7. I’m a huge nerd; I love going to school. I LOVE to learn. For those of you that are fellow nerds, looking for a hobby, or interested in a cool class, here are eleven sites where you can “learn for free.” These sites give you access to some of the best universities in the US, as well as some of the most brilliant minds in the world. Check these out; you’ll never know what you can learn.
Wishing you all a lovely Thursday!